The catchment area covers an area within a 15 mile radius of Bicester. Grouped postcode areas are used to ensure a geographical spread. A set proportion of places are allocated to young people living in each postcode area. This means that applicants living anywhere in the catchment area are given equal consideration regardless of the proximity of their home address to the Studio School.
Where the number of applicants for admission is greater than the published admissions number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below. After the admission of pupils with statements of Special Educational Needs where Bicester Technology Studio is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in this order:
- looked after children
- children who attend The Bicester School (formerly the Bicester Community College)
- siblings of students in attendance at the school in Years 10 to 13
- 30% of places to applications within catchment area one, which includes all postcodes in OX 25, OX26 and OX 27
- 30% of places to applications within catchment area two, which includes all postcodes in OX3, OX5, OX20, OX27, OX33, HP18, MK18 and NN13
- 30% of places to applications within catchment area three, which includes all postcodes in OX1, OX2, OX4, OX7, OX9, OX15, OX16, OX17, OX28, OX29, OX44 and HP22
- If any of the postcode areas are undersubscribed, the places from such areas will be randomly allocated to applicants in oversubscribed area(s)
- The remaining 10% of places will be allocated to pupils living outside of the postcodes listed above, with those living closest to the front gates of the school (straight line distance) being admitted.
Bicester Technology Studio will operate a Sixth Form of 190 students. Students will be able to progress from Year 11 at BTS to a suitable programme of study within the Sixth Form. In the event of places becoming available for external candidates in Year 12, these candidates will be expected to meet specific entry requirements appropriate to their intended programme of study.
Full details can be found in our Admissions arrangements document (PDF).